Renewable Energy Innovation Fund (REIF) Direct Grants Winners
REIF Direct Grants seek to provide flexible, early-stage funding to support a broad diversity of new and emerging technologies and ventures with the potential to deliver on the energy vision of the future, and support the development of the ACT as an export oriented hub for renewable energy innovation and investment.
Congratulations to the following innovative Canberra businesses who were successful in receiving $1.1 M in funding in the first round of the REIF Direct Grants:
- Beast Solutions, a Canberra energy consultancy, will develop a demonstration project at Ginninderry that will capture emissions from waste to generate renewable energy.
- Ecospectral, a Canberra company whose ‘BRIM System’ can reduce energy operating costs and emissions, will establish a pilot site with a view to global commercialisation of version two of the BRIM System.
- ITP Thermal, a Canberra company working on solar thermal technology, will commercialise a lower cost energy storage solution for concentrated solar power plants.
- PV Lab Australia, an independent Canberra company based at the ANU providing quality assurance for solar panels, will develop an Australia-first test for conditions that can lead to solar panel failure.
- Reposit Power, a Canberra company whose ‘Reposit Box’ technology is an intelligent and automated control system for household batteries, will develop the second generation of the Reposit Box for mass production.
- Solcast, a solar forecasting company based at Canberra’s Renewables Innovation Hub, will integrate ground based sky imagers with their satellite based solar forecasting technologies.
Grant winners with Minister Rattenbury
More photos on our
Facebook Photo Album